Unfortunately, 2014 has not been a good year for many entrepreneurs.
Some of them suffered losses , with unsatisfactory business income, even after investing a lot of time and energy in their work.
If you want 2015 to be your turning point, I am sure you will agree with me that it’s necessary to radically change your way of business.
Changing your way of doing business will allow you to work in a profitable and more satisfying way.
In this article, I will explain to you:
- how to evaluate your business trends
- how to analyse your strengths and weaknesses
- how to plan new business and marketing strategies to increase your income and reduce your costs
The story of an old-fashioned antique dealer
To help you understand how a change in the way you do business can lead you to the outcomes you desire, now I will tell you the story of a customer of mine, an antique dealer located in an ancient village in Tuscany.
For some years, this enterpreneur has been selling very few products. Why? Because his marketing strategy is outdated.
In fact, his way of finding new customers is only by word-of-mouth and by just hoping for passing trade from locals and tourists who happen to see his products on display.
But he sells his products from a workshop which looks like an old warehouse, with poor-quality, unreadable signs. His workshop is full of an accumulation of old and dusty piles of things, without any order.
It’s obvious that this is not the best or most efficient way to attract new customers.
Our purpose in relaunching this business is based on three main points:
- A study of current business trends, considering the current stagnant sales levels, and then targeting new customers, especially high-spending tourists.
- A study of:
- the business strengths: it is located in an old village in Tuscany and the entrepreneur has good relationships with potential customers;
- weaknesses: he does not have an attractive display for his products and his methods of communication are outdated;
- Identifying new business and marketing strategies:
- re-styling the display to make it neat and presentable
- more efficient communication: signs in English , advertisements in the nearby villages, creating a website and developing e-commerce
- placing a bigger an emphasis on selling more commercial products which are more attractive to target customers, for example: antiques, little trinkets which can be easily transported by passing tourists.
And how about you? Are you always thinking of innovative ways to do better business, in the current climate?
Discover how we can help you to make your business really takes off!
Are you ready to re-think your business and start to work with us?
[su_button url=”http://studiocommercialistatallarita.it/contact” style=”soft” background=”#0554af” size=”5″ center=”no” icon=”icon: info-circle”]Contact us for more info![/su_button]